We offer multi-level in person and online classes to students. Each students’ level would be different and they will be grouped accordingly.
Our student/coach ratio will be less than 6 students per session to ensure quality. We group students into beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Each group is expected to master the following concepts and knowledge. Classes are 1.5 hours long for intermediate and advanced, 1 hour long for beginner, and led by our head coach (National master ranking).
For Chess Starter / Beginner students:
- The chess board: 64 Squares, files, and ranks
- The Language of Chess – Coordinates
- Diagonals, the center, piece movements and values
- Check, Checkmate, and Stalemate
- Various Basic Checkmate Patterns with pieces familiarization
- Queen and Helper Checkmate.
- Basic Opening Theories
- Introduction to tactics
- Opening Theories
- Familiarize with tactics
- The real meaning of trading
- Good and Bad pieces vs Good and Bad trading
- Familiarize with Opening/Mid/End game separation.
- Introduction to puzzles with checkmate in 1 and 2 patterns.
- Different mating patterns with pieces
For Intermediate Students:
- Visualization I
- Basic Opening Traps
- Basic Middle game
- Basic Endgame
- Intermediate Checkmates patterns
- Intermediate tactics
- Introduction to Deeper Pattern Recognition of Combination
For Advanced Students:
- Visualization II
- Endgame with different combination of pieces
- Advanced tactics
- Positional Strategy
- Pawn Structure
- Good and Bad Squares
- Learning Opening Preparation
Online Class Prerequisite:
- Laptop or Computer with access to internet and Speaker/microphone/Webcam
- lichess.org account
- We can help you with the lichess.org account creation and skype/zoom install.
- Zoom Meeting
- Be ready to learn chess
- Be ready to think hard!
- We will take care of the rest. 🙂